Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Being Charitable to Ourselves: The cure for gospel guilt


Robert Millet (Education Week)

How many of us become daunted or filled with guilt when we think of the long list of things we are "supposed to do?" Then this article is a must read.

CLICK HERE
From Education Week:  Robert Millet, The cure for gospel guilt / Mormon Times

PERSONAL THOUGHT QUESTIONS:

Could I be a bit more charitable to myself; a little kinder and more patient?

Are the expectations for myself realistic?

Am I choosing from the "BEST" things in a "Good" and "Better" world?

Am I moving towards Christ; desiring to do more (having a charitable heart) to serve Him?

6 comments:

  1. Excellent message. I love the "target practise" concept and am thankful the Lord let's us keep practising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Danny had heard this talk and has been looking for it ever since because he wanted me to hear it as well! Thank for the link, you were an answer to prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I am such a visual person and the target practice idea makes sense to me. You are so like our Mother who always had a wonderful object lesson to teach the message. I hope you'll come back here often to share your loving wisdom with us.

    Sharel, I'm thrilled this is what you were looking for. I have Rachel Sanford to thank for sharing with me. I hope to hear back from you often on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice blog Anne. I will look at it more. Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it interesting Anne put this on her blog and I read it yesterday and then a Sister in the Ward sent me the newspaper clipping of the article in the mail and I received it to. Is someone trying to tell me something. I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the same sister (Rachel Sanford) gave it to us both. :)

    ReplyDelete